Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Things that inspire me

Here is a collection of a few quotes that have brought a certain amount of enlightenment to my life, may they do the same for you!


"About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all."

-Rita Mae Brown


"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."

-Albert Einstein


"¿Qué es la vida? Un frenesí.
¿Qué es la vida? Una ilusión,
una sombra, una ficción;
y el mayor bien es pequeño;
que toda la vida es sueño,
y los sueños, sueños son."

-Calderon de la Barca, "La Vida es Sueño"


"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."

-Sir Winston Churchill


"I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naïve or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman."

-Anaïs Nin

And the one that will always guide me:

"Everything happens for a reason"

No comments: